I was uploading the May 2018 insert to the website, when I happened to look over at the blog....the poor, sad, neglected blog. I realized I had not updated it in MONTHS, which is, really, inexcusable.
So in no particular order, here is a list of some of the stuff happening at Yarn of the Month!
1. I am an approved vendor for THREE charter schools! Inspire, iLead, and Valiant all have yours truly listed, so if you are a charter school member, use your funds to purchase 3, 6 or 12 months of yarn!
2. Instagram! Follow @yarnofthemonth on instagram! It's fun! It's colorful! There will be giveaways!
3. Facebook! There are two ways YOTM is involved on fb - one is our business page, which anyone can follow and like and share with their friends. The other is a MEMBERS ONLY exclusive group for current subscribers. If you are a subscriber and are not part of the facebook group, head on over and request membership and I will add you!
4. A whole skein of yarn. Since the last time I wrote on this blog, YOTM has changed how much yarn you now receive! Based on feedback, and my own desire to make things - instead of two small samples, you now get a WHOLE SKEIN of yarn all to yourself each month. I think this is more in keeping with the name, it allows for actual projects to be made, photographed, and shared.
5. SURPRISE PARTY -- so I like to say that Yarn of the Month is a little yarn party sent to your house every month, but there is a party within a party. Each month I choose one winner to receive an additional "surprise party." This person gets some extra goodies in their box - maybe more yarn, crochet hooks, a super cool notebook, stitch markers...it's different each month! To increase your chances of winning, pay attention to the instructions on the postcard, because I'll let you know the pool I'm choosing from. For example, I might say, "this month I'm choosing the surprise party winner from everyone who tags Yarn of the Month on instragram!" Then you would go forth, tag a photo, and increase your chance of winning a prize.
I think that is quite enough news for now. I've ordered the June yarn, and I'm excited to share it with you soon! Sign up today at www.yarnofthemonth.com, if you haven't already, to receive it!